Ponzi Scheme Attorney in California
Let Baldwin Mader Law Group Help You Pursue the Justice You Deserve
If you lost a substantial amount of assets due to a Ponzi scheme, it is imperative to obtain experienced legal representation from a qualified investment fraud attorney. At Baldwin Mader Law Group, we are dedicated to helping you hold those responsible for your loss. The individuals who are running the scheme, as well as your financial advisors, may all be held accountable for conducting a fraudulent investment.
With more than 60 years of collective experience, we understand how to best handle cases of fraudulent investment, and we will do what it takes to recover your lost assets. Our legal team can investigate your case, collect evidence, and develop an effective legal strategy to get the results you deserve.
What Is a Ponzi Scheme?
A Ponzi scheme is a type of fraudulent investment operation which does not earn any real money from financial investments, but instead, pays returns to its investors with the money it receives from subsequent investors.
The typical Ponzi scheme works as follows:
- The organizer (leader) promises investors unusually high financial returns on their investment
- The investors provide the organizer with money for the fake business venture, such as a remote enterprise involving oil wells, diamonds, or silver minds
- The money received from the new investors is sent directly to the early investors, creating a positive buzz among early investors
- The early investors get ecstatic for the investment opportunity as soon as they gain their profits and start promoting the investment scheme to their peers and family members.
- The organizer eventually ends the scheme and disappears with all the money generated from the investors
The scheme takes its name from Charles Ponzi, who was convicted of fraudulent schemes in Boston, MA in the late 1920s. However, the most famous Ponzi scheme in history was conducted by Bernard Madoff, who allegedly scammed investors for $50 billion and was sentenced to more than 150 years in federal prison.
Ready to Fight Tirelessly for You
Ponzi schemes are illegal in the U.S., often prosecuted under state and federal white collar crimes law: wire fraud, tax fraud, mail fraud, securities fraud, money laundering, and RICO laws. These claims are typically handled through arbitration, instead of through the courtroom. Baldwin Mader Law Group possesses extensive knowledge of California and federal laws to guide you through the complexities of your case in order to get the most favorable outcome possible.
Contact us and schedule your initial consultation today.
After a very pleasant call with Pat, I knew he "got it" and then looped in my client to the conversation.H. H.
I WOULDN’T HIRE ANYONE ELSET.K.
I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THEMJ.C.
Whether you have questions or you’re ready to get started, our legal team is ready to help. Complete our form below or call us at (424) 622-0062.